When I see a woman with hairy armpits or legs I think of these things…
- Why is there an expectation that women shave their armpits and legs?
- Where did it come from? How did it catch on? Why does it continue?
- It shows to me strength and empowerment and that they don’t give a stuff about what ‘society’ says they should do or be like
- They are confident and comfortable with who they are
- They are great role models for others, in particular younger girls to end the ridiculous expectation of shaving
- If people think women didn’t shave under there arms they would smell – what does that say about men? Why don’t they shave to ‘take away the smell’?
- It is a bold, brash and brave action
- Power to you and wish I could make a similar statement with hair
- The argument that ‘men have to shave their face’ doesn’t stand up – I’ve never greeted a women by kissing her underarm or leg feeling like someone ran sandpaper over my lips nor do I have stare at those parts of her body while talking to them
- Is it why women are generally colder than men? More hair… more warmth…!
- I hate shaving my face let along shaving another 20-30% of my skin surface
- I know I wouldn’t shave if I was a woman – I live in a cave it would suit my profile!
Having said all of this I don’t deny women the choice of not shaving or that by shaving they are ‘wrong’ or not doing the right thing!
I just want women who don’t shave to not be thought of as dirty or feral or a hippy but revered for their strong and powerful choice not to shave.
Also hope this helps as a good excuse for women who forget or can’t be bothered shaving!
Happy Hairy Day to All!