The resolutions for 2012…
- See a cloud in the shape of a monkey
- Never eat more than two serves of sugar in one day (fruit excluded) and sugar-free Mondays of course! Yes does mean I can eat a chocolate bar and ice-cream a day but harder than you think as it doesn’t allow for any spontaneous sugar grabs…
- Learn all the countries starting with D and E
- Do 100 consecutive skips without stuff up or break – better find me some rope!
- Make custard on the 15th of each month
- Watch the sunrise on the 29th of each month – now four years doing this and loving it
- Select my favourite vegetable and fruit for the year at the end of the year
- Must find and meet someone fromArmeniaor go there!
- Appreciate the colour yellow when possible and find a yellow travel mascot
- Look through the eyes of simplicity, happiness and fulfilment and live with so much integrity, grace and conviction to new levels in 2012…
The results of my resolutions from 2011…
|watching the sunrise on the 29th of the month – love it!||WIN|
|make popcorn on the 15th of the month to replace jelly from 2010||FAIL – didn’t get urge of popcorn|
|write a blog every Thursday as I started back in November https://lunny06.wordpress.com/||WIN and FAIL depending on which week you read!|
|average over 15 push-ups per day – not always easy when travelling||WIN – not 15/day but many or nil|
|live on less than $2 a day (for food) for the month of May to coincide with the Global Poverty Project’s Live Below the Line||WIN – awesome and big things planned for 2012 in Nth America|
|have a dinner of stout and soup on the first day forecast under 20||FAIL – shop ran out of soup|
|go for a swim on the first day forecast over 20 for the year||FAIL – wasn’t inAustralia|
|have an ice-cream on the first day forecast over 30 for the year||WIN – ice cream everyday!|
|make a concerted effort to start drinking hot drinks such as tea, etc…||WIN’ish – getting there|
|try and meet someone fromArmenia||FAIL – 2012 have to go there!|
|live with the weather and not against it and encourage others to||WIN – best weather ever!|
|Fortnightly on Tuesday watch a movie or doco and sit for at least 60 mins||FAIL – still can’t do it|
|learn all the countries that start with C (???) like I did with A (11)||WIN – but controversial…|
|aim to do a 50km run this year||FAIL – some good ones though|
|miss my girlfriend for 6 mths then relish living with her for the final 6 mths!||WIN and FAIL…|
My year has been a rich experience-filled time with people, places and pristine natures (which it always is if we allow it to be).
I was allowed to continue to live my dreams each and every day as I have done for the past 11 years.
It was a rewarding and busy 6 months managing the Global Poverty Project Youth and School program and then 6 months of travel, volunteering, educating and learning in a whirlwind round the world trip.
- Living with as much simplicity, modesty and fulfilment and no place like it living under my friends’ apartment best know as ‘The Den’ or to others – the dungeon, garage, cement bunker
- A showcase of the specific and remodelled GPP 1.4 Billion Reasons for Youth presentation atFederation Square. A pleasure to help create and a privilege to deliver
- Doing Live Below the Line for a month in May was a beautiful experience for reflection, insight and empowerment while giving education, inspiration and perspective to others – keep an eye out for May 2012!
- One of the most rewarding and quality experiences I have ever been a part of, leading 17 young adults in a volunteer program in rural Peru with Peru’s Challenge
- A chance to revisit a volunteer program I helped establish 6 years ago in the Wachimak Community in the Amazonian jungle of Ecuador – still hosting volunteers with lots of learning and cultural exchanges
- Favourite vegetable for the year was the mushroom
- A gorgeous year of experiences with Rachel, mostly from afar, with some travels together. Unfortunate footnote is we are going separate ways but enjoyed what was!
- Continue on with my blog that documented stories such as sperm sample in a bowling alley, attending remote rural Chinese weddings and various propaganda on simplicity!
I am currently living out a childhood dream of mixing cricket and social justice as I am helping manage former Indian cricketing legend Chandrasekhar. Together we will be raising awareness and advocacy for the eradication of polio – http://www.theendofpolio.com
2012 is set to be a very fulfilling nomadic one. For now all I know is:
- Feb 2 – Aotearoa New Zealand for 6 weeks
- March 22 – one-way ticket to Hawaii for my friends’ wedding where I will be the celebrant!
- From there…? (but a few ambitions include):
- April/May – North America cycling trip from Portland to Vancouver, Calgary, Chicago and New York maybe promoting Live Below the Line
- June-Aug – Possible time in the UK and Europe with GPP
- Aug and beyond – high on the travel/volunteering/learning agenda is Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and India.
As always I love what I get to do, the world and life, as it is absolutely sensational – love it as much as possible and all the awesome people we share it with…
Happy Christmas and Merry New Year, hope to see you about the sphere!!!