Wow, year no. 35 was another in the line up awesome years that seems to be trend over the past 14 years…
Do I feel guilt – yes, selfish – yes, privileged – hell yes and I believe I owe the world because I am privileged but I don’t see that as a burden I see it as a passion and a joy.
In the past 14 years I have been allowed to live my passions – daily and my 35th year was no different. I travelled, learnt, shared and experiences 11 different countries in North America, Africa, Asia, Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand; I’ve influenced and been inspired by another year of beautiful people, cultures and communities – some known and some new; I’ve been able to contribute to meaningful work that sees better health and education for others and I’ve been able to interact and connect with nature on many different levels.
I do what I do because I love it. I love shooting for giving maximum effective help to the world and I strive to do minimal harm in the world and can’t think of a better pursuit in life.
I am always at the receiving end of incredible hospitality, kindness and generosity and I can only attempt to pay even just a little bit of that forward.
Looking towards my 36th I have things mapped out pretty well for next set of 365.
- In June I will finish building a second Happy, simply self-sufficient home with a community of volunteers in South Australia
- July – who knows but hopefully some time in Asia – Thailand and China working on youth leadership and active global citizenship
- Aug – prepare for a walk in Japan
- I FULLY DECLARE NOW in Sept/Oct I will be walking 1500km in Japan from Nanporo (Hokkaido) to Nagoya – where I have lived in both places and the walk will be called Teaspoons of Change – personal choices, decisions and actions that have a positive impact on people and the planet creating teaspoons of change - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teaspoonsofchange Blog: http://teaspoonsofchange.wordpress.com/ Twitter: @Tspoonsofchange
- Nov/Dec ??? but plenty on offer
- Christmas with my family in South Australia
- Jan-June Stop Transmission of Polio (STOP) program somewhere…
- And with any luck from July next year I will be doing a Masters in Peace Studies under a scholarship program (fingers crossed…)
As the sun sets on this beautiful evening on the first day of my 36th year I am happy, proud, privileged and passionate about the days of 35 years till now and will throw myself at the world just as willingly and energetically in this coming year. Cheers!